Monday, May 28, 2007

First quilt





I made my first quilt a few years ago--a queen size machine-quilted rail fence pattern quilt. It was a present for my partner, and I was in over my head. My friend's mom helped me make the entire thing--I kept it at her house and only worked on it with her.

I loved picking out the fabric, and I was excited to work on it, but I hated being in front of the sewing machine. So I wasn't sure I would want to make another quilt. But when our good friends got pregnant, I decided to make another quilt. I created the design, and it turned out pretty nicely, I think.

I hand-quilted this baby quilt, and I loved doing that. Its become clear that I love fabrics, I love hand quilting, and I love all parts of making quilts except any that requires sitting in front of the sewing machine.

This quilt was perfect because I only had to machine sew the five sections together. Other than that, it was hand-appliqued and hand quilted.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

WOW! I had no idea you quilted! I've been wanting to learn how. These quilts are both really pretty!